Moroso SBF 302 Deep Sump Street-Strip Oil Pan
- Small Block Ford 302
- Rear Sump for '79-'95 Fox/SN95 Mustang, '81-'88 Thunderbird
- 7 qt Capacity
- Will clear center 4 bolt mains (Will not clear blocks w/ 4 bolt 1st and 5th caps)
- Does not include Dipstick (Requires Pickup 20506 (Std pumps) or 24517 for M68hv)
- PN: 20521
1979-95 MUSTANG/CAPRI 5.0L
1981-88 THUNDERBIRD/COUGAR 5.0L
Deep Rear Sump, 7 Quart Capacity
|Fits: 5.0-liter Ford engines used in 1979-95 Mustangs, 1981-88 Thunderbirds, Cougars and 1979-86 Capris.
- Fully fabricated construction increases rigidity for improved fit and sealing
- Deep rear sump increases capacity to 7 quarts, which reduces oil temperature and insures adequate supply to pickup area
- Now clears all 4-Bolt Main Caps (1-5) on 5.0L
- 9" deep sump moves oil level away from rotating assembly without restricting ground clearance
- Baffle allows oil to flow "one way" into the pickup area — and keeps it there
- Works with most starter/flywheel combinations
- Includes Universal Dipstick Kit No. 25970
NOTE: OIL PAN CAPACITIES DO NOT INCLUDE OIL FILTER CAPACITY.
NOTE: When using Ford SVO Windage Tray M-6687-A302, use pickup No. 24506; When using Moroso Louvered Windage Tray 22930, use pickup No. 24516
||Painted Steel, Deep Rear Sump Pan, 5.0 liter engines
|Recommended Oil Pump Pickups:
Ford SVO No M-6600-D2 Pump Use Pickup No 24506
Melling Pump No M68 or M68HV Use Pickup No 24516
Available Options: No 22930 Louvered Windage Tray (does not fit R4 block) No 38191 Tray Mounting Studs
Moroso Street/Strip Pans are wet sump pans intended for street-performance machines that occasionally see some track time. They are modified with either a Deep Sump or Kicked-Out Sump for increased capacity to improve oil control under hard acceleration and to help the engine run cooler. Moroso Street/Strip Pans are designed for simple bolt-on installations in production chassis.
Deep Sump pans offer improved oil control over stock pans because of their increased capacity. Many are specially baffled with a swinging trap door. The one-way baffle keeps oil contained in the pickup area to prevent oil starvation under hard acceleration.
Kicked-Out Sump pans offer increased oil capacity without restricting ground clearance or having the oil too close to the crankshaft. Trap door baffles are also included to provide a constant supply of oil at the pickup under street-performance and racing conditions.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 31 March, 2008.